Richard N. Koss
Attorney Richard N. Koss devotes his legal practice to representing Bay Area employees and employers in labor relations matters, such as retaliation, harassment and discrimination. He regularly represents clients in Contra Costa and San Mateo County state courts, as well as the United States District Courts of Northern California.
Mr. Koss earned his law degree from San Francisco Law School, graduating with honors in 2007. Before becoming an attorney, he worked for many years in business, as a president and CEO, vice president of operations, and general manager at different points in his career. This experience gives him unique insight into the practical application of employment laws and regulations, enabling him to readily understand his clients’ needs and interests. He is qualified to handle cases involving age, disability, sex, race, religious, and pregnancy discrimination, whistleblowing, workplace retaliation, wrongful termination and employment contracts. For employers, he also provides assistance with employment practices.
Mr. Koss is a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association, the Contra Costa County Bar Association and the State Bar of California.
- San Francisco Law School, Juris Doctor with Honors, 2003-2007
- University of California, Berkeley, Linguistics, 1972-1975
- United States District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
Special Awards & Commendations
- San Francisco Law School – Class Valedictorian, 2007; Dean’s List, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Tyler Moot Court Best Brief Award, 2007
- Witkin Legal Institute Award – Choice of Law, Federal Taxation, 2007
- Witkin Legal Institute Award – Professional Responsibility, Wills and Trusts, 2006
- Witkin Legal Institute Award – Remedies, 2005
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of California (Member)
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (Member)
- San Mateo County Bar Association (Member)